Small Business Sales Advisor
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Small Business Sales Advisor
Your role will be to help small business customers choose Gusto. Interacting with customers who sign up on our website via email, chat, and live phone interactions, you’ll help match our people platform offering to their specific business needs, exercising advisory sales skills. You’ll help them navigate an important onboarding process, demonstrating sophisticated customer success skills.
This position is a great entry point to growing a sales career in the tech space. You’ll learn the SANDLER sales methodology and be trained to move into more advanced sales positions across Gusto. Our team will prepare you for a successful and long-term career in tech sales.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Answer live inbound calls and chats, and engage in email communication at a high volume, with customers at different points in the sales process: discovery, decision, and onboarding
- Support customers through the process of onboarding which is about 70% of your daily conversations
- Aid customers in selecting Gusto via the Sandler Selling System – this makes up about 30% of your daily conversations
- Develop customer empathy and product expertise
- Exercise and master advisory selling of solutions for small businesses
- Participate in community and career development opportunities at Gusto
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 1 year of previous work experience in any industry or role, including internship experience
- 0-2 years previous experience working in a call center environment
- Previous exposure to sales or selling motions in a customer service position (upselling or cross-selling) highly preferred
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability to achieve goals
- Strong desire to pursue a career in sales long term
- A commitment to customer empathy and ethical business practices
- Excellent communication skills both via phone and email/chat
- Motivated by challenge and adaptable to change
This role is a Hybrid position requiring only 2 days in office per week. You must be located in the Metro area of Denver, CO, or Detroit, MI in order to qualify for this role. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted between $22.12/hr and $25/hr in Denver and Detroit. This position is an hourly role without commission or cash bonuses. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto’s subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.