S/4HANA Public Cloud Accelerated Sales Engagement Senior Specialist – Northeast, High Growth
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
The Accelerated Sales Engagement Senior Specialist (ASE) is responsible for driving sales and will participate in the development of pipeline, sales enablement strategy, and execution of individual revenue targets and customer-specific outcomes (part of the NA budget/ objectives). This role is the execution of the Line of Business (LOB) operating model and Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy.
Additionally, the ASE is an extension of the Global team pertaining to the execution of the LOB operating model and GTM strategy. The ASE collaborates with other stakeholders focused on cross-brand LOB strategy, execution across all GTM segments. Individual contribution and leadership relative to creating, driving sales, and providing subject matter expertise throughout the entire sales cycle. Contribution will be measured on net new pipeline, sales, consumption, adoption, and renewals. Will be responsible for providing accurate weekly information regarding forecast reporting, ensuring accurate sales engagement detail and system hygiene. This is a critical role collaborating with the market unit field sales organization, against an accelerated timeline, to lead, drive, and enable additional sellers with an understanding of SAP’s Public Cloud solution and how to position it effectively in the marketplace.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
LEAD & INSPIRE
- Territory and Account Leadership – Lead designated territory, including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles.
- Strategy- Develop effective and specific strategic account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth
- Set vision and strategy for the sales team; develop specific MU sales plans to ensure growth in all measurable revenue streams
- Conduct account and opportunity reviews with leadership
- Trusted advisor – Establishes strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value
- Annual Revenue – Exceed quarterly and annual individual revenue targets
- Thought leadership Create, drive, and accelerate enablement of wider SAP sales team in collaboration with Sales & Learning, MU resources etc.
- Work collaboratively with extended sales teams – Industry, LOB, Marketing, Development, S/4HANA Center of Excellence, etc.
CULTIVATE & GROW
- Ensure account teams and Alliance Partners are well versed in each account’s strategy and well positioned for all customer touch points and events
- Builds a network of executive relationships with internal stakeholders that can be leveraged
- Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching
- Develop and deliver comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points
- Demand Generation, Pipeline and Opportunity Management
- Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline (R4Q). Maintain 4x funnel coverage to accelerate deal progression, and maintain out quarter objectives
- Leverage support organizations including Marketing, inside sales, Alliance Partners to drive net new opportunities
- Orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales
- Maintain CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information
ANALYZE & INNOVATE
- Customer Acumen – Actively understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape
- Leverage SAP Solutions to innovate throughout the customer journey
- Maintain whitespace analysis and execution of initiatives on customer base
- Define ideal customer profiles and account lists – across all segments
- Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions and support the team in competitive situations
- Tight collaboration with internal stakeholders to drive adoption & consumption, ultimately having every customer referenceable
- Utilize Value Engineering, benchmarking and ROI data to support the customer’s decision process
- Review public information (e.g., new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the prospect
- Understand SAP’s competition and effectively position solutions against them
- Prior experience with software/IT organizations and with a demonstrated proficiency in Enterprise and/or LOB software solutions through Solution Management, Sales, Presales, Consulting, or Business Development roles
- SAP product experience and/or extensive software sales experience in Cloud offerings
- Working knowledge of cloud, Hosted Services, SaaS/ PaaS models, and cloud-based commerce/ business networks
- Leverage a professional network resulting in market, pipeline, and revenue growth for SAP.
- Can leverage industry-expertise throughout sales cycle, connecting with customer with shared industry language.
- Fluency in English or any other language is an asset. Fluency in the language of local markets is desirable.
- Education bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent degree required from an accredited university preferred.