Executive Director, Partnerships
The Advertising Brand Partnerships team is responsible for cultivating opportunities across The Atlantic’s platforms, including print, display/sponsorship, custom content, live events, audio, and programmatic. The ideal candidate is smart, ambitious, naturally curious, with a conviction that high-quality journalism is fundamentally important. The Executive Director, Partnerships will be an integral part of the senior sales team and bring successful partnerships to The Atlantic within the consumer brand space, with a focus on automotive. This role reports directly to the Consumer Team lead on the Advertising Brand Partnerships team.
- Maintain and cultivate strong, senior level relationships directly through the client, agencies and across multiple divisions.
- Develop and deliver winning, cross-platform programs and proposals that lead to lasting and commercially successful advertising partnerships with a focus on integrated selling.
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of the market, categories, advertising business, and trends, particularly within the automotive space
- Serve as a representative of The Atlantic brand in a positive, convincing, and enthusiastic manner.
- Identify opportunities for breaking new business & renewing past client partnerships using data and insights from current or past campaigns.
- Lead account conversations with key internal partners to evaluate account performance, develop short and long-term strategies and discuss/act upon optimization opportunities.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in media sales with a successful track record selling smart creative that transcends traditional advertising.
- Strong relationships on both agency side and client side within the automotive space
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership, and work independently
- Impeccable communication and relationship-management skills, across both internal and external constituencies
- A natural ability to invent and deliver convincing arguments through spoken and written word
- A calm, cool, and collected mind—a constitution that affords “grace under fire”—coupled with a personality inclined toward perpetual positivity and a sense of possibility
Salary Minimum: $105,,000, Salary Maximum: $200,000
The Atlantic Monthly Group LLC and its affiliates (“The Atlantic”) are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job offers to work at The Atlantic are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of reference checks and compliance with The Atlantic’s COVID-19 vaccination policy. The Atlantic requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including subsequent boosters, and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.