Cloud Services Client Executive
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
We are looking for a driven, passionate individual to join our team as a person accountable for developing and growing key client(s) in close collaboration with pre-sales, delivery teams, and key people in our cloud domains responsible for our services. If you are a self-starter, want to develop and grow key clients’ businesses, this venture is for you!
You must have a track record of significant ($5M USD+) business development experience to enterprise companies.
Experience with Cloud Services (Azure and AWS) is a strong advantage. You should also have experience in selling professional IT services at business head level, translating client needs to technology solutions, preparing RFP bids, presenting value proposition, and drive negotiations to closure. An existing network with Microsoft or AWS and experience in growing network in target prospects/ accounts is advantageous.
Beware – it requires ownership, commitment, taking care of the clients and co-responsibility for the business goals of the account(s) (P&L).
If you were ever frustrated by ‘strange’ Client requirements in a project, the way it’s delivered, low technical quality, inefficient sales process – it’s about time to take matters into your own hands and shape your future by joining SoftwareONE!
- Establish relationships with new and existing customers and secure new business in the assigned portfolio element(s)
- Drive the entire Sales Cycle from initial Customer Engagement till Contract Closing for new customers. For existing customers, Sales Cycle is started by Account Manager
- Work with Account Managers to ensure that the overall account strategy and goals will be followed and achieved
- Maintain a very detailed level of relevant knowledge on the assigned portfolio element(s) in order to have meaningful and relevant conversations with customers and prospects
- Work with Technical Architects / Practice Leaders to ensure that we design the right solutions for our customers
- Provide feedback to Account Management on ways to decrease the Sales Cycle, enhance Sales, and improve company brand and reputation
- Construct service contracts and associated commercials/cost model based on scope and customer’s desired outcomes.
- Execution of SoftwareONE company strategy as well as build new business development opportunities in line with strategy in Central US.
- Be Account Owner for key clients in the region
- Grow client network on C-Level and below
- Hands-on execution of business development and sales activities for your clients
- Orchestration of internal SoftwareONE Teams and resources
- Develop good business relationships with the local Cloud Services Resources
- Prioritize and balance between projects (“cash cow”, “strategic” etc.)
- Account planning and execution of account plans
- Drive a consultative sales process to success (new, up-sell, cross-sell); Hands on action to close biggest opportunities
Run and facilitate scoping workshops and design sessions with clients together with colleagues
- Negotiate contracts (scope, schedule, pricing, terms) with clients
- Prepare/ Support Scope of work, Schedule, and Pricing documents
- Collaborate and use marketing and lead generating services available
- Establish and develop business relationship with key people at clients (stakeholder map)
- Establish and develop relationship with SoftwareONE delivery teams, project management, and tech. architects
- Overseeing Net Profit of the engagements within Client portfolio
Identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks at client opportunities and engagements
- Work with marketing to align our marketing message and value proposition to the relevant Client(s) market to help you in business development.
- Reports to the Area Sales Director
- Enlists the support of pre sales, delivery resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
What we need to see from you
- Experience in sales/business development role in high-growth (30-50% YoY) mid-to-large sized (100-100’000FTE) IT provider company
- Proven experience of managing relationships with C-Level/ senior decision makers and growing clients in multi-technology area
- Experience in both “doing all yourself selling” and “orchestrating a small sales team”
- Recent hands-on experience closing consulting or project sales of at least 5 big engagements for enterprise clients
- >5 years’ experience and proven track record of selling B2B IT professional and managed services on Microsoft technology stack – from 100kUSD to 50mlnUSD+ to enterprise clients (10’000FTE+)
- 5+ years’ experience in a US market
- Experience of creating and managing relationships with external partners (ideally AWS)
- Experience as management consultant or digital advisor working with medium and large enterprises is an advantage.
- Passion for Digital Workplace and helping clients achieve their outcomes
- Entrepreneur, self-starter mindset
- Passion and drive to learn
- Ability to coach people on how to sell and manage complex consulting projects
- Good networking skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Client portfolio revenue & profit
- Client portfolio new business sold (cross sell, up-sell, new).
- Healthy pipeline and client stakeholder map in CRM
- Agreed key client initiatives (project wins, offering sold, workshops etc.)
- Business development quality (Pre-sales, Sales, offerings development etc.)
- Contribution to agreed Regional & Global activities
- 50% client sales & business development (existing clients and short list of potential new clients)
- 20% client engagements management
- 20% business development with domains & partnership (primarily Microsoft)
- 10% Internal activities & admin