World of Good Brands is looking for a seasoned Account Director to join our Brand Partnerships team on the East Coast, with CPG category expertise.
Your mission would be to join our team as a brand evangelist, helping us deliver smart, out-of-the-box solutions across all of World of Good Brands’ owned and operated media properties for leading advertisers.
This role is hybrid (NYC + remote), perfect for a consultative seller who is passionate about coming up with the best solutions for advertisers, digs into every aspect of the account, stays up to date on programmatic technologies, and cares about developing deep relationships. You are someone who creates innovative concepts for advertisers and embraces analytics too. You go the extra mile because you care deeply about driving success for advertisers’ businesses and ours.
A big vision calls for top talent. As we grow, our need for an Account Director grows with us.
Apply directly: https://forms.gle/APDXdge4xioDBT6j8
A typical day as an Account Director might include:
- Prospect, ideate and secure brand partnerships with leading advertising brands and agencies
- Manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business and existing revenue booked
- Foster and nurture client and agency relationships and be responsive, visible and relevant to designated account list
- Collaborate with internal marketing and client services teams to create advertiser solutions/advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Secure new business by developing and presenting relevant solutions that help clients achieve their marketing objectives
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide ongoing reporting and feedback to sales management
- Utilize Boostr to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly and annual quotas
You’ll be successful in this role if you have strong knowledge of the digital media landscape including branded content, experiential marketing, programmatic media, using data and insights to sell, and the ability to storytell in your pitch. You will understand how to navigate through organizations to get to senior level decision makers, how to open doors and secure meetings that deliver an outcome. You’ll be a hard worker with persistence and curiosity.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of digital advertising sales experience
- Proven go-getter with ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Strong relationships with key decision makers at advertising agencies and national advertising clients within the pharma and healthcare industries
- Diligent and motivated work ethic with a high energy, results-oriented style
- Experience in high-volume cold calling and pitching to senior executives/stakeholders
- Excellent communicator: outgoing, great writer, and public speaker
- A team player with collaborative spirit
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large
- Experience selling integrated digital programs
- Extra plus: experience working with health and wellness brands + publishers and experience selling experiential programs
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- World of Good Brands is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- World of Good Brands is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- World of Good Brands is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, FSA, 401K)
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- First round: Recruiter phone screen
- Second round: East Coast VP of Sales (hiring manager)
- Third round: National Head of Sales
- Fourth round: 15 min with Head of Creative Strategy + Head of Brand Strategy and 15 min with VP of Account Management and Client Services
- Final round: CEO
What Comes Next:
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @leafgroup.com email addresses, never via text message.
The starting base pay for this role is between USD $145,000 and USD $175,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, benefits, and other perks.
World of Good Brands is committed to fostering equal opportunities for all. We do not engage in discrimination based on factors such as race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Our hiring decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business requirements. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities.
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our Head of People (firstname.lastname@example.org).